DLL training courses for teachers
We invite you to participate in our training courses designed for teachers from language schools cooperating with our publishing house:
“How to teach with the direct method from Direct Language Lab coursebooks?”
Here are the dates for the DLL training courses in English in 2020 that you can still take part in:
1. an online training course in English (in the form of a videoconference)
September 26, 2020 (Saturday) and September 27, 2020 (Sunday)
10.00-13.15 (Warsaw time)
2. an online training course in English (in the form of a videoconference)
October 17, 2020 (Saturday) and October 18, 2020 (Sunday)
10.00-13.15 (Warsaw time)
The theoretical and practical training is aimed at candidates for teachers and beginner teachers.
The trainings are conducted by experienced trainers with a lot of practice as language teachers as well as trainers of direct method teachers.
If you want to take part in the training, please send us an email: email@example.com (please register teachers early, as the number of participants is limited).
We also invite teachers to use the Teacher’s Academy in our website http://academy.dllab.eu/en (available in five languages: English, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish and Russian):
– it is a website with an extensive database of knowledge for language teachers and school owners about the direct method as applied in Direct Language Lab coursebooks,
– we have prepared a practical set of 70 concise questions and answers explaining various aspects of the direct method,
– most of the questions and answers are accompanied by short instructional videos illustrating a given point.
The DLL training program:
– theoretical part: main assumptions of the direct method, lesson structure, speed, techniques for helping students answer, revision versus new material, correcting mistakes, the most common mistakes made by beginner teachers,
– practical part (participants conduct a short lesson),
– what a good teacher should know: beginner groups, new student in the group, grammar lessons and exams, course cards, student as a customer, Internet platform, other courses conducted using the direct method (various languages, Kids English, Direct Business),
– end of training: conclusions and discussion.
1. Teachers must be registered by language schools cooperating with Wydawnictwo DEEP sp. z o.o. sp.k. that ordered books in the 2019/2020 and / or 2020/2021 school year.
2. The face-to-face training is a one-day course and the online training is a two-day course. The training lasts 8 teaching hours, 45 minutes each, and consists of a theoretical and practical part.
3. One school may register a maximum of two teachers who are teaching or will teach with Direct Language Lab coursebooks.
4. In order to make the practical part effective, each training may be attended by up to 10 teachers.
5. Active participation in the practical part of the training is obligatory for all participants.
6. The cost of the face-to-face training is 45 EUR per person, and the cost of the online training is 42.50 EUR per person. The fee is non-returnable and must be paid at least 7 days before the training date (if you register later than 7 days before the training date, the fee must be paid on the day of registration).